KS Engineers, P.C. (KSE) offers an exciting new leadership opportunity for a motivated individual. We are seeking a full-time Senior Level Traffic and Transportation Engineering Manager with a BS in Civil Engineering and at least 8 to 12 years of experience in transportation/traffic engineering to provide support in our NJ office. This is an excellent opportunity to lead, mentor, and be part of a team. Qualified candidates should be familiar with HCM methodologies conducting traffic analysis (HCS), Synchro, SimTraffic, Guide SIGN, SignCAD, AutoTurn, and similar analysis tools. In addition to leading technical analyses, the position will be responsible for providing expert testimony to support private sector clients and projects. Familiarity with agencies’ standards and protocols, including NJDOT, NYSDOT, NYCDOT, PANYNJ, and NJTA, as well as those of local municipalities, is a plus. Experience in project management, preparing technical and cost proposals, and understanding of QA/QC procedures is desirable. Strong verbal and written skills are required.
KS Engineers, P.C. is a full-service engineering and construction management firm with ranking among its peers in the ENR Top 500 for design and ENR Top 100 for construction management. We are headquartered in Newark, New Jersey, with regional offices in New York City and Newburgh, NY; Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, PA; Mount Laurel and Mount Arlington, NJ; and Rocky Hill, CT.
• Lead and/or conduct traffic engineering tasks, including traffic impact analyses, development of data collection programs, and intersection improvement and corridor studies
• Support our private development business and provide expert professional testimony at planning board meetings and/or other public forums
• Prepare traffic study reports and deliverables
• Coordinate and deal directly with clients
• Periodically organize and lead fieldwork efforts with internal staff teams
• Assist in developing traffic scopes of work and associated fee estimates, as well as other business development efforts
• Provide mentorship to junior staff
Required Skills and Experience
• Professional Engineer’s license in NY or NJ
• Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE)
• 8- 12 years of experience in traffic engineering design and analysis, including traffic signal design and electrical layout, travel demand forecasting, crash analyses, and traffic data collection.
• Proficient in Highway Capacity Software (HCS), Synchro, SimTraffic, GuideSIGN, SignCAD, and AutoTurn
• Excellent writing skills
About KS Engineers, PC
Celebrating our 30th of excellence, KS Engineers is a full-service engineering and construction management firm with ranking among its peers in the ENR top 500 for design and ENR top 100 for construction management. We have gained the respect and confidence of our clients by providing technical excellence and quality services in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut. We are headquartered in Newark, New Jersey, with regional offices in New York City, Newburgh, NY, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, PA; Mount Laurel, and Mount Arlington, NJ; and Rocky Hill, CT.