Electronics - Control Systems, Electronics Engineering
4 Year Degree
The Plant Engineer creates and/or modifies production equipment used within manufacturing in order to align with the company’s supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system. This position will also be responsible for varied engineering assignments that requires a broad knowledge of engineering specialties. The Plant Engineer will be based in Comfort, TX, but will be required to travel to locations in Kerrville, Fredericksburg, and Hondo, TX.
• Studies operational sequences, EHS requirements, material flow and project information to determine improvements for process execution and/or worker functions.
• Manages connections & control/data-collection setups, designs and programming, sensor selection & configuration, and electronic design of the equipment.
• Implements system and equipment improvements through creation of designs for process execution, dedicated equipment, workstation lay-out and material-handling, in collaboration with process owners, operators etc.
• Drafts and designs layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using CAD/CAM drafting tools and computer.
• Optimizes and standardizes processes in manufacturing systems.
• Evaluates and develops innovative solutions to manufacturing challenges.
• Proposes, manages, finalizes designs/solutions and confirms that financial payback criteria have been met or exceeded.
• Documents designs and programs for support and maintenance as well as subsequent assembly/fabrication.
• Manages vendor fabrication of larger-quantity equipment or piece-parts.
• Participates in Continuous Improvement projects.
• Manages problem solving activities using appropriate tools such as Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma methodologies.
• Maintains a high level of coordination and communicates all projects between differing departments, operating at the strategic and working level.
• Manages and coordinates cross-functional projects independently and leads project teams.
• Review progress with management and analyzes results.
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, or an equivalent education/experience
• 3+ years of engineering and troubleshooting work in electrical, mechanical and controls design and implementation required.
• Demonstrated SCADA system-setup, configuration and implementation experience required.
• Knowledge of general manufacturing and business operations and key manufacturing resources planning theories and principles including continuous improvement methods.
• Ability to handle multiple Assignments simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and complex environment.
• Ability to provide proof of and maintain a satisfactory driving record is required.
• Preferred engineering experience includes:
o Micro-controller/PLC as well as Windows-based programming
o Mechanical 3D design using CAD/CAM systems
o Electrical system design including PLC’s, sensor, actuators
o Electronic schematic& PCB design
Internal Number: PLANT03114
About James Avery Artisan Jewelry
James Avery Jewelry offers high quality, artfully crafted jewelry in sterling silver, gold and gemstones. From a one man's endeavor in his mother-in-law’s garage, the company has grown into a team of 3,500 designers, craftsmen, sales associates, and support staff offering unique designs to customers throughout the nation. The majority of our designs are originated by skilled individuals in the company’s design studio and then finely crafted and produced by artisans at our manufacturing facilities in the Texas Hill Country.