Director, Engineering, Norgren Inc., Littleton, CO. Direct and coordinate all engineering activities ensuring that all projects are executed to the principles of Advanced Product Quality Planning and leverage cross-functional teams to optimize group performance. Serve as a member of the Leadership Team working with all functions to ensure cohesive strategy, risk management, talent management and on-going achievement of business and financial objectives. Review recommendations for new products and acquisitions and consult with upper management on new product designs and emerging technologies in the industry. Liaise with product management, sales, and marketing to develop customer specific solutions, ensuring on-going attention to voice of the customer and maintaining relevant product/technical roadmaps. Develop and oversee the engineering budget in conjunction with the Director of Finance to ensure adequate financial resources are planned to meet engineering objectives. Represent IMI products and application engineering services to key customers and the global marketplace via participation in conferences, events, and tradeshows. Reviews performance problems that might occur with particular products to recommends the appropriate action in consideration of product liability aspects and legal ramifications. Develop the Intellectual Property (IP) strategy and maintains the existing IP portfolio for the Americas business.
40 hrs/week, Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Must have Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business, or related, plus 8 years of related work experience in engineering and management (of which, 5 years must be post-bachelor’s progressive related).
Must also possess at least 8 years of experience with/in the following:
- Using electro-mechanical, fluid control applications;
- Working in an APQP environment or equivalent stage gate process;
- Managing cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams to achieve business goals and objectives in complex and project management environments;
- Overseeing new product development and product maintenance;
- Using advanced engineering principles in the development of new products;
- Applying various engineering disciplines including fluid mechanics, material strength, thermodynamics, mechanics, materials science, corrosion resistance, GD&T, and engineering economics;
- Designing for manufacturability and, performing engineering CAD design and configuration management systems; and
- Using ERP systems, such as Visual, JD Edwards SAP, or related.
Travel up to 50% required.
Please apply by mail, referencing Job Code DENCO to Attn: Sam Henderson, Norgren Inc., 72 Spring Lane, Farmington, CT 06032.