TARUS is a machine tool builder and software developer for global manufacturing. We are a family owned company in Sterling Heights, Michigan that has been in business for over 40 years. We are currently looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join the team.
· Design 3D assemblies for machines using Autodesk Inventor
· Create manufacturing detail prints with GD&T
· Create machine layout drawings for sales or customers
· Create layout models for customer’s machines
· Make assemblies, part, material, process and fabrication
· Maintain and organize Vault Data
· Design and detail in house fixtures for manufacturing parts
· Create complete BOM for assemblies
· Review design intent/function
· Review assemblies or components prior to release
· Check another’s work, parts fitting, hole patterns, process, etc.
· Maintain and complete Engineering Change Requests (ECRs)
· Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds without assistance
· Standing and bending are required
· Working primarily in a manufacturing environment
TARUS offers a highly competitive compensation package including health, dental, vision and 401k.
Requirements & Qualifications:
· Must have experience with Autodesk Inventor, AutoCad and Autodesk Vault
· Minimum 5-10 years’ engineering experience
· Strong mechanical aptitude, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems both mechanical and dimensional
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Self-motivator with strong attention to details
· Commitment to being a team player with flexible, positive, adaptive approach to resolving problems, schedules and changes
· Must have great interpersonal skills
· Good computer skills and knowledge of Windows OS. Experience with Word and Excel helpful
Tarus Products has been incorporated since 1970. Tarus is a High End CNC Machine Builder located in South East Michigan. Tarus is proud to be an American manufacturer of machine tools. Tarus builds large size CNC Milling Machines, Deep Hole Drilling Machines (Gundrills), Clay and Ren Wood Milling Machine, and CMM's.
Tarus also builds custom CNC Machines to suit a specific need. Tarus machines ...are known in the manufacturing sector for their reliability and durability. There are many Tarus machines still working in the field that are 30+ years old.